Canadian Maritime represents vessel owners while vessels are in port, without conflict of interest:
Canadian Maritime Agency provides consistently reliable services attending foreign vessels entering Canadian waters, on behalf of terminals, charterers and owners. The agency provides coverage for ports in Newfoundland, the Maritimes, and the Great Lakes.
- Arranging services requested by Masters/Owners for vesselís call
- Communication link
- Keeping owners advised of all operational activities
- Arranging crew changes: hotels, immigration, airline tickets, and transportation
- Advising of terminal loading, discharge plans, turnaround time, etc.
- Providing proforma account for advance payments of port fees
- Arranging bunkering when requested
- Arranging and providing cash for vesselís payroll when requested
- Arranging pilots, tugs, lineboat, etc.
- Electronic Customs Reporting
The agency handles all customs requirements: prearrival custom clearances, responsibility of shipsí stores, arranging inspections, completing all government documents and reporting all imports and exports.
The trained and experienced staff stays on top of changes in regulations, attending seminars and meetings regarding the Marine Industry. The strong educational background and years of experience help make Canadian Maritime a reliable partner, dedicated to clients.†